Wednesday 16 March 2011

Final Products (plus a small start on Evaluation)


Here is my video commentary, you can find a screenshot summary of this video below
I have made a start on evaluation comparing my products with the texts that inspired them
I will compare them with other texts later in the evaluation stage



Final Cover

this is my final cover (left) along with the Kerrang cover (right) that I used for inspiration
Changes:
  • Stamp-like sale line; like Kerrangs
  • added Bar code; similar placement to Kerrangs
  • Right aligned text for right hand side sale lines; like Kerrangs left aligned sell lines
  • General tidy up (e.g. making the sale lined darker so they are readable)





This is my contents page (top) along with the Kerrang contents (bottom) I used for inspiration
Changes:
  • Added Classmate to fit convention of multiple people on a contents, he has a similar serious look to Kyle.
  • changed page listings to fit Classmate
  • changed 'contents issue 1' to white.



this is my heavily altered double page spread (top) with the NME double page spread ( Bottom) that I used
for layout inspiration
Changes:
  • two black boxes on the right page next to each other; like the white and black areas on NMEs right page
  • Black box in the corner; like the blue box in the same position in NME
  • Pictures indented into text; like NME does, but my images have been placed differently for originality.
  • similar heading and picture placement

No comments:

Post a Comment